Saturday, October 12, 2013

Flirting w the world VS standing firm on God's word

Hello!!

It has been a great 2 weeks! Knowing people at a deeper level, facing fears and truths.

Have been reflecting abt how im living my life. How on one hand, I think the worldly things are fun and cool; but yet, I also know that there are definitely somethings I will not do bcoz God said so.

It took me really sometime to recognise how im "flirting" w the world. Sometimes in, sometimes out, sometimes everywhere. And im always thankful how God has placed "safe friends" ard me. They r not the wild kind, but wild enough like any other non christians.

So, what got me thinking the other way round was,

Psalm 103:2 "Praise the Lord , my soul, and forget not all his benefits."

Indeed! What was I thinking? Following God's word or surrounding myself w close christian friends is definitely something that has more benefits than disbenefits. Hahaha.

So, setting myself to seek the higher and deeper things of God. And I'm looking forward to where God will bring me. :)

The rest of the Psalms 103 reads...

Psalm 103:2-5 NIV
Praise the Lord , my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Some food for thought!! :)

No comments: