Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuition kids.... failing prelims..

Its nearing the psle / n levels.. im seriously panicking coz they failed their prelims and I recently found out that my t kids have been copying from answer sheets and they r not learning at all!!

Im totally freaking out, and being more strict on my kids now. I realized the value of  严师出高徒 .

Am praying..almost to the verge of my tears..

Also what im doing now is that im training my students mental calculation and if they didnt know how to do the questions I'll teach them but they will have to copy the answer for 30 times.

Because by this time (less than 3 weeks to exams) the should know how to do. If they dont, they will have to memorise it.

Most of them lack confidence and because I was too nice, they just left the question for me to "solve". So laziness needs to be punished, they have to do extra work and most imptly....

There is not shortcuts to learning..

Lessons I've learnt:

1. no matter how trust worthy the kid is.. kids will always be kids... answer sheets needs to be taken away for their own good. I need to know what they do not know, rather than having the kid be too afraid of making mistakes.

2. Be strict when teaching. Kids need to know to take learning seriously. If not there will be nothing they take seriously at this point of time.

Keep fingers crossed. Doing my best letting God do the rest. :(

No comments: